Thursday, September 10, 2009

May my front tire rest in peace.

Perfect example folks. Perfect! I was riding on 27th way minding my own business this weekend when I almost had a life changing moment. No I didn't meet Megan Fox..but I flipped over my bike. You know how? I couldn't find my line lock so I used my roomates U-lock instead. I had it in a plastic grocery bag suspended from the left handle bar grip. It was a great ride like usual until I had to stand up to go up hill. You how your weight sways back and forth when riding right? Well that's when the suspended U-lock got caught in my front spoke. In a split second I was on the pavement in excruciating pain. Face torn, chest bleeding and discombobulated I walked into Subway to wash off my bloody shaky hands. So if it wasn't for me not finding my line lock, to me using a plastic grocery back instead of a backpack, to taking an up hill route, then I wouldn't be here warning you to always take precautions. Trust me...

No comments: