Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Just Pullin My Chain

Tonight was cold enough to make a polar bear shiver. I was riding home and I had just crossed the street to the other side. I stood up to get more leg power in order to conquer the slick icy road. Not only do I horribly slip, but my chain jumped off as if it were frightened from the cold. Next thing I knew I was on the ground with my bike atop of me. Not only was I in pain but it was right during traffic hour and I saw 4 pairs of eyes gawking at me in awe and 'awe' my god that's embarassing look. Of course I stood up like nothing happened and a raised Jeep roars by with the passenger saying, "get a fixie!" I thought to myself, "that son of a nun has the audacity to say that to me in a vehicle?" So I fixed my frightened chain with my numb fingers, and quickly sped back to my warm cozy house. Never again, should anyone have to experience what I did.

No comments: