Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summer Biking Withdrawal?!

I would never have thought it possible to have biking withdrawal during the SUMMER!
I know, crazy right?!

Leaving my bike tethered at my mom’s house was one of the hardest things I ever had to do. It just looked so lonely and sad, but I didn’t have a choice; imagine trying to drag my bike through airport security!

Now that I’m back in Massachusetts, with its abundance of lush green foliage and fresh, moist air, I am now forced to ride in, dare I say it, a CAR …the pure irony of the situation is unbearable.

Instead of riding my bike, I am now reduced to getting my boring finances planned out and completing tasks I had been putting off until now because I had much more productive things to do …like riding my bike and getting some much needed vitamin D.

Summer biking withdrawal (or SBW) is a serious condition that affects one’s mood, appetite and general well-being. In order to avoid this terrible condition, one must:

  • Ride his or her bike at least once a day (when weather permits, and when it’s an especially glorious day).
  • Spend no more than thirty minutes on the computer. The other 23.5 hours should be spent bike riding, eating or sleeping.
  • If one cannot get access to some form of sustainable transportation, find a convertible and drive with the top down.
  • Don’t go to college half a country away and always have a backup bike for when you come home.
Don't become a SBW victim like me. Take these steps to benefit your overall quality of life.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer so far! Get some extra biking in for me! (Please) ^-^

No comments: